Thought I'd try two tone. A bit of a challenge after it has been assembled. Have to tape off, etc. The yellow ended up being brighter than I wanted so I decided to put stain over it and wipe it off for an aged look. The biggest challenge for me was getting the rounded ends, that the dowels go in, just right. Can be quite frustrating when you are a perfectionist but your skills aren't quite there yet. However, still happy with the outcome!
Built from Plan(s)
Not sure as I had the wood on hand for future projects.
Estimated Time Investment
Afternoon Project (3-6 Hours)
Type of Wood
Started out w/a redder looking stain and wasn't happy with it. So I put English Walnut over that (oil based.) Used a Rustoleum spray paint for the yellow. Not sure of the color and it's not close by right now to look at the name. Went over that w/the English Walnut.
Recommended Skill Level