Here's a great fall project to decorate with - these adorable wood pumpkins are made from 2x2 scrap wood pieces. These little pumpkins can be used throughout the home, from tabletops and shelves, to mantles and countertops. Paint or stain any color. Free step by step plans from Ana-White.com
Pin For Later!
- 2x2 furring strips or scrap wood (1 foot for a shorter pumpkin, 1-1/2 feet for taller pumpkin)
- 1x2 scrap piece for stem, or use a branch
- wood glue (hot glue preferred but any wood glue will work)
- 2" brad nails can also be used for attaching the 2x2 pieces together, but not required
- 3 - 2x2 @ 6"
- 1 - 1x2 @ 1" (or use a branch for top)
- 3 - 2x2 @ 4"
- 1 - 1x2 @ 1" (or use a branch for the top)
DO NOT cut tiny pieces of wood, instead, cut a small piece off of a larger piece, giving you plenty of room to keep hands clear of the saw blade.
A jigsaw can be used to cut, a miter saw is preferred.