Free American Girl Dollhouse / 18 Inch Dollhouse Plans. This three story dollhouse features five large rooms. It's easy to build with our step by step diagrams, shopping and cut list, and lots of reader submitted photos.
We also have lots of American Girl furniture and accessory plans.
Pin For Later!
- 2 - sheets 3/4" plywood or MDF
- 1 - sheet 1/4" plywood or MDF (for back)
- 6 - 1x4 @ 12 feet long (add another one for the base if desired)
- 4 - 1x2 @ 8 feet long
- 1-1/4" pocket hole screws
- 1-1/4" finish nails or staples
WALLS AND FLOORS
- 3 - 3/4" plywood or MDF @ 23-3/4" x 73" (sides and center divider)
- 1 - 3/4" plywood or MDF @ 23-3/4" x 48" (bottom)
- 4 - 3/4" plywood or MDF @ 23-3/4" x 22-7/8" (upper floors)
- 5 - 1x4 @ 49-1/2" (OR 1- 3/4" plywood @ 49-1/2" x 17-1/2" (measure and cut to fit))
- 1 - 1x4 @ 49-1/2"
- 2 - 1x4 @ 14-3/4"
- 1 - 1/4" plywood @ 48" x 61-1/2"
WINDOWS - CUT TO FIT
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
First, cut out all the pieces. If you don't have a truck or tablesaw, it might be easier to have your home improvement store rip your plywood into 22-3/4" widths, 8 feet long. Then cut the longest pieces first. The top roof angle is 45 degrees. You can easily find this by finding the center of your side and middle panels (at the top). This distance should be 11-7/8" from the sides. Then measure down 11-7/8", and draw a diagonal between the two points. Then mark out all windows and doors and cut out with a jigsaw.
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.