Quick and easy - build your own slipcovered bench! This is a free DIY project plan for a bench frame - just build, add a cushion and sew a cover for the top. Free step by step plans from Ana-White.com
Pin for Later!
- 2 – 2x4s, 8 feet or stud length
- 1 – 3/4″ Plywood or MDF or Particle Board or OSB 16″ x 55″
- 2" and 3″ self tapping star bit screws
- 1 yard 56″ wide decorator fabric OR 2 yards 45″ wide fabric (upholstery weight is best)
- 3″ foam, 16″ wide x 55″ long
- wood glue
- spray adhesive
- sewing notions
- paint or stain for the legs
- 4 – 2×4 @ 14 1/4″ (Legs – Cut legs longer if you are using thinner foam. For example, with 1″ thick foam, legs need to be 16 1/4″ long)
- 2 – 2×4 @ 13″ (End Aprons)
- 2 – 2×4 @ 49″ (Side Aprons)
- 1 – 3/4″ Plywood @ 55″ x 16″ (Seat)
Start by tapering all of your legs with a straight cut on either a jigsaw or circular saw. Note that if you are using a less thick foam pad, you will need to increase the leg length. The goal is a standard 18″ high bench. Once legs are taperend, attach legs to the end aprons with screws and glue.