This free pergola plan features enclosed sides with built in side tables. It's designed to become a backyard retreat, perfect with a swing, lounge chairs or a conversation set. Free step by step pergola plans from Ana-White.com
Pin For Later!
- 2-1/2”, 3 -1/2” EXTERIOR DECKING SCREWS
- 1-1/4” AND 2” 18 GAUGE STAPLES
- 4 - 6X6 POSTS, 8 FEET LONG
- 2 - 2X6 BOARDS, 12 FEET LONG
- 10 - 2X6 BOARDS, 8 FEET OR STUD LENGTH (CUT UPPER RAFTERS FROM THESE BOARDS)
- 10 - 2X6 BOARDS, 12 FEET LONG
- 1 - 2X8 BOARD, 8 FEET LONG
- 1 - 2X4 BOARD, 10 FEET LONG
- 24 - 1X2 BOARDS, 10 FEET LONG
cut list in steps
Carefully space 6x6 posts out on a level surface, 120” apart from outside to outside. Mark 141” long rafters, 10-1/2” in from ends on each end. Predrill four holes and attach two posts with 3-1/2” long exterior decking screws. Make sure the two posts are parallel at top and bottom when you attach rafters. NOTE: If cutting decorative tails on rafters (see step 3) do this on sawhorses on the ground before attaching to pergola.
Cut tails of rafters if desired I decorative pattern with jigsaw. Notch out rafters by setting saw blade depth of circular saw to 2-3/4”, and make cuts every 1/4” in the wood to be removed. Use a chisel to remove wood. TIP: Notch multiple rafters at the same time by clamping together and cutting. Mark rafters attached to top of posts for upper layer of rafters. Attach upper rafters to lower rafters with 3-1/2” screws through top. TIP: Cut a 12” scrap wood piece and use it as a spacer when attaching rafters.