You can build a beautiful coffee table out of lumber! For about $50 in materials, this solid wood coffee table with it's X detailing could be yours. Our free plans include step by step diagrams, shopping lists and cut list - everything you need to get started.
Pin For Later!
- 2 – 2x4 – 8 feet or stud length
- 4 – 2x2 – 8 feet
- 1 – 1x12 – 8 feet long
- 5 – 2x6 – stud length
- 1 ¼” and 2 ½” Pocket Hole screws
- 4 – 2x4 @ 16 ½” (legs)
- 4 – 2x2 @ 41” (side trim)
- 4 – 2x4 @ 22 ½” (end trim)
- 2 – 1x12 @ 41” (bottom shelf)
- 2 – 2x2 @ 22 ½” (both ends cut at 60 degrees off square, long point to short point, ends are parallel)
- 4 – 2x2 @ 11 ¼” (long point to short point, one end cut at 60 degrees off square, other end cut at 30 degrees off square, ends are not parallel but are cut in same direction)
- 5 – 2x6 @ 52” (tabletop boards)
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.