Build your own wood manager using fence pickets to celebrate Christmas. This simple beautiful wood display is the perfect backdrop for your Christmas figurines. Free step by step plans from Ana-White.com
- 1 cedar fence picket measuring 5-1/2" wide x 1/2" thick x 72" long
- 1/4" scrap plywood for back OR cover back in cedar fence pickets
- Hot glue and glue gun for attaching
- Can also be nailed or stapled
CUT FROM FENCE PICKET:
- 1 @ 15" long (bottom)
- 2 @ 8-1/2" long - longest point measurement, top end BEVELED at 25 degrees off square (sides)
- 2 @ 10" long - longest point measurement, top end BEVELED at 25 degrees off square (roof)
- Cut back to fit
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.