How to build an upholstered banquette seat. Free step by step plans from Ana-White.com
- 3 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long
- 4 feet of 4" thick high density foam
- 4 feet of 2" thick high density foam
- 2 yards 1/2" thick upholstery batting
- 3 yards 54" wide home dec fabric (for direcitonal or patterned fabric, you may need additional fabric)
- Staple gun and 3/8" staples
- Spray adhesive
- 2 1/2" screws and wood glue for building frame
- 1/2 sheet of 1/2" thick plywood (4 feet x 4 feet)
- Sewing notions and thread
FOR BENCH FRAME
- 2 - 2x4 @ 48"
- 3 - 2x4 @ 21"
- 4 - 2x4 @ 14" (can be made longer or shorter for different height bench seat - standard seat height is 18")
- 1 - 1/2" thick plywood 48" x 24"
- 1 - 1/2" thick plywood 48" x 12"
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.