We pulled ideas from a couple of plans for this daybed. We utilized the farm house headboard for both the back and the sides. And, the daybed dimensions and framework from the Hailey Storage Daybed.
We have cabinet doors to put on the two center cubbies, but the first set warped when painted. So, the second set are currently drying. We're planning to use magnetic spring-push closures on them to eliminate the need for cabinet knobs (we're afraid they could be used as a step by little feet!).
We did not secure the slats that lay behind the cubbies and the headboard, this way we can utilize space under the bed for additional storage--there's a ton of room under there!
This was the first project that we used a Wagner HVLP paint sprayer on. I will NEVER go back to brushed and rollers. The learning curve was minimal and the time savings phenomenal!