This was my first ever project. I would have done a good amount differently if I had to reconstruct it now, but it came out pretty good and definitely serves its purpose.
These are the changes I made compared to the original design:
- Increased the length to 69" to fit our room
- Added center posts to support the extended length
- Doubled the top thickness
- Routed an ogee on the underside of the top
- Extended the top and bottom deck by 1' all around
- Increased the post height to 12"
- Chamfered the corners of the vertical posts
- Enclosed the sides with inset panels
- Painted to match our baseboard trim
- Added furniture slider feet to make it easy to move on the tile
It definitely took longer than I would have liked, but I could do it much faster if I had to do it again.