We bought a new house this past summer and got a new table but without chairs. My wife wanted a bench for one side and I decided to surprise her and make one. This was my first woodworking project and thanks to Ana it came out great. I made some modifications to the plan:
4x4 for the legs
2x8 for the top
2x6 for the breadboards
I also made it about half as long to fit under the table.
My time frame was longer than it needed to be because I made some rookie mistakes I had to redo some things. The notches in the legs was probably the only really hard part and with some practice not bad at all.
My wife loves it and now wants me to build more! I guess I have a new hobby!
I finished it off with a single coat of Varathane Red Oak and a satin poly.
On to the next project....