Ana's design caught my eye and I had to build one that was similar. I decided to modify the top because I really like the look of breadboard style tops. So the main difference is that I cut the top boards 41" long and added two 2x6 pieces for breadboards (about 27-27.5" long). So the total width still comes to 52". Turned out pretty cool!
Built from Plan(s)
$45 for wood - Stain/poly extra
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
I distressed it with nails, a hammer, some scratch marks, and a saw blade. I then used a vinegar/steel wool mixture to bring out the distressed areas a bit more. Then followed with 1 coat of dark walnut stain (applied with towel) and 3 coats of semi-gloss poly. I applied the first two coats with a brush and then lightly sanded between the second and last coat. The final coat was applied very thin using a towel.
Recommended Skill Level