The wonderful wife wanted a corner cupboard so I built the one you see in the pictures. Before I go further I would like to warn anyone attempting this project to please follow the instructions in the plan. I didn't and built the frame first but quickly discovered that it is the back and shelves that determine the final dimensions of the frame. I got lucky and the fit was ok. Here are a few things that I did:
1. I filled in the rough joints made by the plywood sides meeting the front frame and back by gluing in 1/4" round dowels. Looks pretty good.
2. With help from Habitat for Humanity ReStore I found the 1/2" thick stone to fill the void made by the door frames. Looks pretty good I must say.
3. I have a trademark called a "Conversation Starter" in many of my projects. Another name is called a mistake or oversight. Look closely and you will see that I grouted in one of the four stone sections upside down and the center jewel is out of place.
4. I could not find decent hardware locally so I went to Kennedy Hardware in Zionsville, Indiana and found the black cast iron hinges and clasp.
5. I did not read the contract with my wife and discovered that I now must repaint the entire dining room to match the corner cupboard. Read before Signing.
Building the cupboard was a fun project that will test all of your abilities and patience. Just remember follow the instructions and keep it square and level in all dimensions.