Easy Three Cube Bench

Easy to build shelves, organize any room of you home.

How cute is that?

We've already got the tower bookcases for the Cube Collection, and the Six Cube Bookshelf, so today's bench get's us half way through this collection.  I would love to add an eight cube tall bookshelf, storage bins and lockers, much like these ones from Land of Nod.  And the hutches and drawers look like just about anything could be stored in there.  Tempting.

But today we will just stick with this simple bench.  The bins shown are 11 1/2" cubes, and fit perfectly in this bench.  I love this collection because it is so simple and easy to build.

1 1x12, 12’ Long

2- 1x12 12 1/4” Cubby Dividers
4- 1x2 18” Legs
4- 1x2 39” Shelf Trim
4- 1x2 11 ½” Cubby Divider Trim

Hammer
General Instructions

This plan was published as a PDF post. please see attached PDF

Comments

Guest (not verified)

Sat, 02/18/2012 - 11:15

Everyone keeps saying to click the link in the top right, and that it will open the plans, but that link only allows me to download the PDF version of this specific page. It doesn't open to a GoogleDoc in any of the browsers I've tried using. This page is not plans, it's a verbal description of the process. I need a working link to the plans.

Guest (not verified)

Sat, 03/31/2012 - 21:22

I am also having problems downloading the plans. I would soooo love to try building this cubby bench, however the plans look like a secret code. I'm operating a Mac laptop. Any suggestions?

Hillary (not verified)

Sun, 06/10/2012 - 11:55

I'm on a PC running Windows 7 and also had difficulty finding the right PDF file. I discovered that I could open the correct plan PDF when using Internet Explorer, but not with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. The correct link is about midway down the page, just above the graphic of the bench with two tower bookcases and the name 'Isabella Jane.' Hopefully that helps. Some of the PDF links took me to a page with a bunch of weird letters and other links took me to a document that didn't include the complete plans.

Kobe Johnson (not verified)

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 08:03

I have been looking everywhere on how to build a bench and bookcase such as this for an interior design project that I am doing for someone. Do you have plans on the tower bookcases that go with the bench? Thank you!

Kobe Johnson (not verified)

Fri, 12/07/2012 - 08:33

Nevermind, I found it!! Thanks. I can't wait to finish this project!

Juliebk76 (not verified)

Tue, 01/01/2013 - 15:00

Hello,

Was wondering whether there was a weight capacity for this bench as we were interested in using it for seating, if possible.

Also as others have asked, we'd be interested in knowing how to make the bench longer.

Many thanks.

michelle remmey (not verified)

Mon, 01/14/2013 - 10:42

I am looking to build a corner bench with cubbies to make some desperately needed seating combined with storage (try cramming stuff for 2 adults, 3 kids, and 2 big dogs in a small house!). Didn't see anything like it on the site. Any way to combine the ideas of your corner bookshelf and a basic bench? many thanks!